Vote YES to Renew the Regional Enhancement Millage on Tuesday, Nov. 3
In these unprecedented times, renewing our support for Wayne County schools will help keep our schools and community strong.
The Wayne RESA regional enhancement millage has provided critical financial support for local districts amid state budget cuts and an unprecedented health crisis – allowing them to promote safety, prepare students for jobs and provide world-class programming for both special and general education students.
Wayne County schools have used the regional enhancement millage to:
Lower class size
Improve technology and security
Add valuable STEM and career education programs
Attract and retain talented teachers
What every taxpayer should know:
- This is not a tax increase. The millage would be renewed at its current rate and will continue to cost the average Wayne County homeowner less than $8 per month with 100% of funds going to Wayne County public schools and public school academies.
- Every penny generated from this proposal will be distributed on a per-student basis to local school districts and public school academies to help keep schools safe and improve programs for Wayne County students.
- Wayne County schools will continue to undergo independent audits and spending will be tracked on a public website to ensure tax dollars are spent wisely and transparently.
Voting YES will provide Wayne County schools with:
- Critical financial support, allowing them to promote safety, prepare students for jobs and provide world-class programming.
- Resources that would otherwise not be available to help address long-term costs associated with addressing COVID-19, safety and security.
- Support for all Wayne County students and give them the opportunity to succeed, especially our most at-risk populations, including students with disabilities.
Voting YES is an investment in every community in Wayne County
The Wayne RESA regional enhancement millage renewal will generate revenue for ALL 33 Wayne County public school districts as well as public school academies in Wayne County.
- Allen Park
- Dearborn Heights
- Detroit Public Schools
- Community District
- Flat Rock
- Garden City
- Grosse Ile
- Grosse Pointe
- Harper Woods
- Highland Park
- Lincoln Park
- Melvindale-Northern Allen Park
- Redford Union
- River Rouge
- South Redford
- Van Buren